Friday, February 03, 2006

Could that picture be any bigger?

Just so you all know, I'm not a huge narcissist. Nils made me let him take pictures of me yesterday for his digital photography class. What a pleasant surprise to wake up this morning to my big face on our computer.

On a completely different subject, I want Nils to drop out of school. For real. It's a really long story, so I'll try to be concise. He wants to do 3D animation for a living. He isn't learning that at UVSC. They don't teach it enough, so we were thinking he would just have to teach himself, and then with a bachelor's degree in multimedia he'd have no problem landing a job. Well, he's come home from class every night this semester saying, "That was such a waste of my time". So it occured to us, me mostly, that perhaps there was another option. (Oh and by the way, he's got at least 2 1/2 more years if he stays there.) There are several schools online that teach 3D animation specifically, and they are very intesive, and recommeded by companies like Pixar. They're very expensive, but I'm starting to think that's the way to go. Are we crazy?

No comments: