Monday, February 20, 2006

Crazy Crazy

Last week everyone got some sort of sickness. Anders definitely got it the worst. He didn't eat for 2 days, and slept most of the time. On Thursday he started complaining that his ear hurt. I took him to the doctor, but she couldn't see in his ear because of the amazing wax build-up. She tried to get it out, but he screamed bloody murder, so she had the nurse come in and pour warm water in his ear for about 10 minutes to loosen the wax. I gotta give props to the kid. He laid there and let this stranger pour water in his infected ear for a good long while. After the aforementioned 10 minutes, he sat up and said, "I'm all done". She wanted to try one more time, but he wasn't having it. After a struggle, I finally told her enough. The doctor came back, looked in his ear, and said, "Well, it's wet!" All that for nothing. She still couldn't see inside, but figured since he was hysterical with pain she'd treat him for an ear infection. He's much better now.

We had ward parties 2 nights in a row this weekend. On Friday there was a block party, and on Saturday there was an Elders Quorum Party. Tomorrow night we're having a girls night out. What a hip ward we have. On Saturday we went out and about and purchased toys for the kids. That hasn't happened for a long time. We got this duck puppet that quacks songs. Addie thinks it's the funniest thing ever, and Anders loves to quack it at her. I bought the game Cootie, where you put the bugs together and put different hats and eyes, etc. on them. I always wanted it when I was a kid, so now I'm living vicariously through my children. Anders thinks it's pretty cool. It kept him busy during church yesterday. I always wanted a Lite Bright, too. Maybe I'll get one of those before too long. And an Easy Bake Oven. I'm not scarred or anything.

No comments: