Sunday, August 19, 2007

Wallet Update


Some man called me on Friday and told me he found my wallet. He works for Geneva Rock and was working on the freeway picking up the orange construction barrels. He said the contents of my wallet were scattered all over the freeway. He found my phone number on a Home Depot receipt! When I realized I had lost my wallet, I said a prayer that someone honest would find it. Not only did someone honest find it, but he really went out of his way to find everything he could. So how do you thank someone like that? Well, I made a batch of Holly's cookies (with milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, and butterscotch chips), so tomorrow when I go to pick it up, I'll leave some cookies and a note saying thanks.

And thank you, Holly Lesue, for helping cure me of crappy-chocolate-chip-cookie syndrome. Your recipe and method really are the best. Props to you. And to Wallet Man.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so great! Kudos on the cookie delivery - always nice to leave an extra thank you; something I usually forget to do!

Anonymous said...

That's pretty amazing that he actually found it and took the time to contact you.

Holly said...

my pleasure. i am so glad to share the love, of cookies.