Monday, March 17, 2008

Caucasian Balls


Anders has been asking what color our skin is. If you know Anders, you know that he's very literal, so if I were to tell him that our skin is white, he would have a problem with that. I mean, it's not actually white, now is it? So, I broke out the word Caucasian and let him try it out for size. He seemed quite satisfied and has used the word every now and then.

Nils was pouring himself a bowl of granola on Saturday morning. Anders said, "I've never seen that kind of granola before. It kind of looks like Caucasian balls."

Changing the subject completely from skin color and balls, we came across a pretty cool website recently called Storyline Online. If you want your kids entertained for a few effortless minutes, famous actors read wonderful stories. Our kids love it. And we love that they love it. And they love that we love that they love it. Shall I go on?

8 comments:

Holly said...

excuse me? that is so wrong on so many levels. and funny.

Emmy Bludorn said...

Caucasian balls? That is just funny stuff.

captainPickle said...

Must...resist.. ..urge..to..make...off..
color...comment!

Katrina said...

okay, just so everyone knows, anders doesn't know that the word 'balls' has other connotations besides bouncy, soccer, basket, etc. he thought the granola was shaped like little soccer-type balls. and he thought that it was the same color as our skin. (nils brought to my attention how someone who doesn't know us might read the post.)

Holly said...

yes, but aren't you more concerned with the people who do know you that are reading this?

sorry i missed our date at the gym katrina. i had to go to slc during my "free time."

Katrina said...

Holly, anyone who knows us knows that we find anything funny that Beavis and Butthead would find funny.

I totally missed you today. I was stalking the treadmills, but alas, no Holly. Maybe next week.

Holly said...

katrina, the real reason i stood you up was because i thought you would lecture me on my poor treadmill posture.

Katrina said...

Well, I am an expert now, so I can understand that.