Monday, March 10, 2008

Indulgences


I've been taking a little blogging hiatus lately as you may have noticed. I've just been too busy straightening my hair to blog. I got a Chi flat iron. Holy schneikes, it's awesome! It works so fast and makes my hair look so normal! Anders doesn't think I'm his mother when it's straight. He keeps telling me I'm prettier with curly hair. Despite the trauma to my son, I do enjoy having the option of straight or curly hair now.

Last week I was invited to a shoe party. I loved all the shoes there. They drive a trailer full of shoes to the house, so when you buy a pair, you take them home that night. I bought three pairs of shoes! THREE! I BOUGHT THREE PAIRS OF SHOES! YES, I AM YELLING THIS! They were all under $20. I felt it was my obligation as a citizen of Earth to host one myself. So, everyone in the world is invited to my shoe party on May 7. Well, everyone except criminals and would-be criminals.

It took me an hour to leave the house on Friday because I couldn't decide which pair of shoes to wear. 3 pairs of shoes for $60. Not too shabby!

11 comments:

courtneyb said...

i have to disagree with Anders, you are smokin hot with that straight hair!

a shoe party? This is the era of home parties for sure.

Doulabug said...

HI My name is Mary Ann from Rochester NY and I found your blog by google-ing, "These is My Words" which I just finished reading. As I read about you I thought, this little family has to be LDS, and sure enough! We are too! Feel free to visit our blog which is:
lockesnest-ny.blogspot.com
Nice to meet you!

Melinda B. said...

Are these brand name shoes? Or their own brand or what? Crazy. Why are you waiting until May?

I have waited forever to see you with straight hair! I am so excited! It looks shorter too, did you cut it? And poor Anders.....

Lindsey said...

Love the straight hair! I want to see it in person so i can get an even better view.

I will be at your shoe party. I am excited about it. Hopefully... I'll have to check the date. Haven't done that yet.

Teresa said...

I was so confussed with who's BLOG I was at because I didn't recognize you! Too cute!

LOVE THE SHOES! I want to come to your shoe party!! That is my Mom's birthday...surely it warrents a trip to Utah...

Gingerlylizzy said...

Oooh details, I so wanna go to that! And your hair looks super cute (although I love the curls too!)

Emmy Bludorn said...

Love the hair! I have never heard of shoe parties. That could be dangerous for me.

captainPickle said...

Wow! Since your switching things up, maybe I should get a perm to cure my straight hair blues.

Erwin and Michelle said...

Okay, I seriously love all three pairs of shoes. You totally have to do a shoe party. I know that might mean that we'd have the same shoes, but um those are totally cute, and very reasonable too. PARTY!! PARTY!!

~Michelle

5 little speckled frogs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
5 little speckled frogs said...

Sorry, I was trying to edit that previous post...didn't quite work.
Anyway...
I love your hair straight Katrina...of course, I love it curly too...you're just blessed what can I say?
I've been to a shoe party! Some people in my ward own the business!
I'll come - I only bought 1 pair...love the shoes!