Thursday, February 05, 2009

This Week

On Monday Nils won a Little Giant ladder from our bank. Sa-weet! We're not the type of people that win things, so this was pretty neat-o.

On Tuesday that little piece of crap groundhog saw his shadow. Now, I know this is all for fun, but who decides whether or not he sees it? And how do I get me one of those top hats?

On Wednesday we had parent-teacher conference. Anders' teacher said, "Well, other than the crying, I think Anders really likes kindergarten." Yesterday when I went to pick him up, I could see from a distance that he was red in the face and bawling. He told me he missed me. But the reason he "missed me" was that the singing teacher wouldn't let him lay on the floor during music time. I'm so confused.

Today is still in progress. So far there has been a lot of screaming and hitting between little girls. Supposedly the smaller one is the aggressor. I'm so excited for the future of sisterly cat fights. Okay, 3 seconds ago they were both screaming, and now they're laughing. Again...confused.

And another thing: I'm afraid of kidney beans. I mean, they're called kidney beans. I'm cooking some minestrone in the crock pot and I just dug them all out, even though I just put them all in about 2 hours ago. I've been afraid of dinner for the last 2 hours...but no longer.

Tomorrow I'm getting together with my BFF's from high school. Can't wait.

5 comments:

Teresa said...

Anders sounds like Sabrina. I went to take her her coat one day at school. I thought I would just run in and out...when I handed her the coat she started bawling. I finally got it out of her that she "miss my Grandma and Grandpa!" I don't really think it was the cause of the tears, but who knows!

Ashli said...

I'm sad that I'm not included as one of your high school BFF's now I'm sad, crying and confused.

Brownie Bites said...

Silly groundhog.

Lindsey said...

I love the kidney bean story. Lol.

Doulabug said...

I've been confused and afraid my whole life. Although not of kidney beans..... :)