Saturday, August 22, 2009

I think I have a girlfriend

This morning I went shopping at our friendly neighborhood grocery store.

I'm not sure, but I think the checkout lady and I are in some kind of relationship that I wasn't aware of.

Me: Hi.

Checkout Lady: Hi sweetheart, how are you? (Good.)

Did you find everything you needed, baby? (Yes, thanks.)

Is there anything on the bottom of your cart that I can help you with, sweetie? (No.)

Do you have your Fresh Values card, honey? (hand her my keys)

$69.37, sweetie. (swiping card, trembling a little)

There's your receipt, darlin'. (Thanks.)

You have a BEAUTIFUL weekend, hon. (Thanks, you too.)
-------------------------------------------------------------

I wish I would have whispered, "You too, schnookums".

5 comments:

Farrah said...

Hot stuff! I've never been hit on at my local friendly grocer. Just a tinge jealous!

Becky said...

I seem to recall you having lesbian stalkers in the past, so this should be old news to you, right? :)

Jeremie Brecheisen said...

If you got it, you got it, hotcakes.

Holly said...

next time tell her thanks, but you are married AND pregnant.

courtneyb said...

what's this power you have over woman? Take advantage of it whenever you can.