Monday, August 31, 2009

It has begun...

Anders started first grade, and so far, so good. There are two time tracks at the school: The Early Birds go from 8:00-2:15, and the Later Gators go from 9:15-3:30. Naturally, the later time is much more appealing to me and most mothers. Having said that, my child is on the Early Bird track. I realized last year that Anders needs more one-on-one time with the teacher. He just needs more validation and attention, and felt he would get that better in the morning when there are fewer kids in the classroom. There are only SEVEN kids in the class from 8:00-9:15, so even though I sort of hate the schedule, I know it's the best for him. Gosh, I'm such a good mom.

Another exciting turn of events: Nils was offered a job at Provo College teaching a Multi-media class and a Photoshop class. Two days a week that he's gone all day and all night, but we're counting our blessings as freelance work has been super crappy pickins lately. The term lasts 10 weeks, so by the time he's finished I'll be about 36 weeks and ready to explode. Perfect timing!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Can you believe that our kids are growing up? Not fair. If it makes you feel any better, Brian is gone all day and all night on Tuesdays. Tuesdays now scare me to death. I keep telling myself it really isn't that bad since Sabrina is gone till 4:00...but it still is very intimidating to me to be a single parent for the whole day! Congrats Nils. Way to be smart and all that!

Brownie Bites said...

So Parker and Anders are in the same class. Yay. Should be a good year. But lots of homework so far. Way more than Syd ever had. How are you holding up?