Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Nilsy Nils

Yesterday (8/11) was Nils' 31st birthday. Nils is my favorite.

Fun Facts:

  • Nils wishes he could figure out a way to never sleep. However, he can literally fall asleep anytime, anywhere.
  • Nils loves chocolate more than most women I know.
  • He was born in Syracuse, New York, and was raised in Connecticut from the age of 6.
  • His favorite dessert is cheesecake.
  • He's not a fan of buffets. And honestly, who can blame him?
  • Nils has more hobbies than anyone I've ever met. Photography, web/graphic design, woodworking, building things, drawing, writing and playing music and more. More, I tell you!
  • Nils has little/no interest in sports (like football and basketball). In fact, one time his boss offered him free Jazz game tickets, and he declined. When he told me, I was exasperated and told him that it would be fun to go, and you don't have to be a big fan or anything. Then he said, "But what if I liked it? I don't have time to get into sports!" Touche!
  • He often wakes up very early on Saturday mornings to go mountain biking. He likes to take pictures of the wounds he incurs while doing so.
  • Nils doesn't tan- he freckles.
  • When Nils wants something, he gets it. He works out deals, trades, and obsesses over KSL classifieds and ebay.
  • He likes almost all music. Except that gosh-darn-dang country.
  • He is very handy and can fix almost anything. He's nice to have around.
  • Nils is a really, really, really wonderful husband and dad. Really. Wonderful.
Happy Birthday, Nils. I am so happy you were born.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Happy B-day Nils! I am glad that you were born too. Probably not as much as Katrina, but happy all the same!

Nils said...

Thanks, Katrina. If anyone knows how to resolve the whole "have to sleep" dealio, please let me know.

Doulabug said...

Hello and happy birthday from out here in Rochester, a neighbor of Syracuse!

Holly said...

happy birthday nils! i think dave would love to not sleep as well.