Thursday, August 20, 2009

Our Stay-cay

Well, this year we've had it in our heads that we would take a grand adventure to Northern California and the Oregon coast. Then I started barfing a lot and that took care of that idea. But, we still really wanted to have a fun family getaway. We loved going to the beach in San Diego last year so much and wanted to do something similar. I remembered that a short three hours away is magnificent Bear Lake. I hadn't been there in 10+ years, so it had faded from my memory. If you live 'round here and need a little water/beach fix, Bear Lake is where it's at, baby!

We stayed in a one-room cabin at the KOA, since we's po' folk and don't have a time-share. The kids loved the top bunk; probably because there was no where else they could sit down- what with it being a one-room cabin and all.
There were s'mores.
It made me so happy.The beach. Oh, how we love the beach.
We had a great time.

1 comment:

courtneyb said...

I've meant to go there the last 2 years. It looks so wonderful. Was the water cold? I may be calling you next year for more details. I won't call any sooner and for any other reason. just teasin