Friday, August 07, 2009

Summer Update

Here's what we've been up to the last coupla weeks:

Anders lost his first tooth. If there has been a child more excited to lose a tooth than this one, I'd like to meet 'em. The tooth fairy left him $0.50. We let him know that "our" tooth fairy is income based. We've also told him in the past that Santa sends us an invoice- THAT'S why he can't get everything he wants. This led to a bedtime conversation something like this:

Anders: Maybe Santa isn't real. I mean, no one ever sees him. Why isn't anyone allowed to see him? And maybe the tooth fairy isn't real either. I mean, a FAIRY that flies around collecting teeth? And giving money away?

Maybe the jig is up with this one.

The kids in the cul-de-sac had a lemonade stand. The lemonade was "FREE", with a gigantic tip jar on obvious display. There were about 10 kids involved, and they each walked away with $1.83 in tips. Not too shabby!

Oh summer, how do I love thee? Cute little girls sharing a drippy chocolate ice cream cone, then washing the drips and messy faces/hands/arms/legs off on the slip-n-slide.
It don't get much betta than that.

And now, we are off for a few relaxing and fun-filled days at Bear Lake. I bid you adieu.

2 comments:

Holly said...

how fun, i love bear lake! hope you have a great time!

D.J, Laura and Kids said...

That's one smart boy you got there, I would have to say that this might just be the year that he figures out about the big man in red.:)
Cayden I think knows about santa but he doesn't want to admit it, I don't blame him. Anyway fun summer pic's I can't believe it's almost over. Enjoy the next week because that's all we have:( .