Friday, June 24, 2005

Ear Infection = No Sleep

Addie has had an ear infection for almost 2 weeks. She's had various treatments, but it's back. I just got back from the doctor for the 5th time in the last two weeks. You wouldn't think it would be this complicated to treat an ear infection, but apparently it is. I'm learning that I have to be the one to suggest what kind of medication will work the best. We have to go back on Monday for another shot. This will be the third one. If it doesn't do the trick, I think I'll lose my mind. I need sleep. I think I have a sinus infection. I called MY doctor back today to tell him that I finished all of the worthless amoxicillan and I'm still feeling crappy. He said it's viral. Yeah, okay. How about we try some real drugs and see if it's still viral. I get to go get my new prescription now. How terribly exciting. Harmony is here today to help me with Anders and Addie. How wonderful is that? I tried laying down and Anders came into my room and said, "Wake up, Mommy! Eyes open, Mommy!" He's anti-sleep, just like Addie. I'm having a mental debate right now as to whether or not I should go to the gym. I feel pretty crappy, but I have been feeling this way for quite awhile, and my gym attendance has suffered greatly. I'm wondering if I should just go and exercise my way through the pain, or if I should stay here and sleep through the pain. I know which one sounds more attractive! I'll let you know later which one I choose. I'm leaning toward the gym because I ate part of a chocolate muffin this morning for breakfast. However, the longer I sit here typing, the more I don't want to go. So I'm off.

No comments: