Monday, June 13, 2005

"Nap Time" (yeah right)

When I sat down initially to write this, I thought both of my precious children were asleep. Five seconds later, however, I heard Addie start crying, and Anders saying "Crayon, where are you?" Currently, Anders is still talking to the crayon and Addie is laying on our bed looking at the shelves on the wall. Apparently they're very fun to look at. This last week was pretty crappy. Literally. Anders and Addie both had the 'rrea all week, I didn't feel well either. There were some other not-so-fun events as well, but the week was dominated mostly by poopy diapers. I'm taking Addie to the doctor this afternoon. She's had a goopy eye for awhile, and she's been feverish. Last night I started getting a snotty eye, and was up for a good portion of the night trying not to rub it. I feel awful today, and so does Nils. He called me from work, and it was a pathetic, hilarious conversation. I can't say my "M's" or "N's", and my throat kills. Nils' throat is killing him as well. I also made an appointment for Anders on Friday. It's called a "consult" visit. I want to talk to the pediatrician about the little attitude he has developed lately. I also want to discuss potty training and moving him into a bed. I've been realizing lately that I don't know what the heck I'm doing when it comes to raising children. Anders is reaching a point where I don't know what to do with him when he acts up, and I don't know what to use as collateral without being too mean. I don't want him to feel like he's always in trouble, but I don't want to give in and let him have or do whatever he wants. I hope the doctor has some good advice. She's a really nice person, and has always given me practical suggestions that have been effective.

My calling in the ward is Midweek Activity Committee Member. It's basically a glorified playgroup. It's been about a month so far that we've been having activities, and it's been very interesting. Tomorrow, however, is the first activity that I'm in charge of. We're doing a Show and Tell. I thought it would be fun if the moms and children all brought something to show and tell, and we can all learn some fun things about each other. I think I'm going to take my headphones. The reason? I'm the only person at the gym who wears headphones that are that big. They're Princess Lea-ish. Every time I'm at the gym I think "I look like such a dork wearing these headphones", but I guess I don't care enough to get different ones. Well, that, and we don't have money to buy new ones. I think for Anders' show and tell, we'll take his Elmo shoes, since they are his most valued possession. I don't know for Addie. Maybe a bib, since she's required to wear one 24 hours a day due to her excessive spitting up. I really hope that stops sometime. Nils got home about 15 minutes ago, I guess he left work early. We're a sick, sick bunch of people. It's tragic.

No comments: