Monday, June 06, 2005

What happened to Spring?

Hello, Katrina here. Just thought I'd tell you in case someone actually reads this. It's another rainy morning. IT'S JUNE! I don't think mother nature got the memo. We've had no Spring. It's nice for a day or two at a time, just enough to tease us into thinking the weather is going to stay nice. It's fine, I s'pose. We have been in a drought for the last seven years, after all.
All is well here on the homefront. We went to my mom's for dinner last night and a few of the other family members were there. Anders loves his cousins, and we didn't end up leaving until about 9:30. Once the kids were asleep it was 10:00, which is just way too late. Addie, however, still woke up at her usual 7:00 am. We need to do something about that. She's always really happy for about an hour after she wakes up, but then starts getting tired again. It's getting to be about that time now. She's sitting in her bouncer looking at me longingly, while making noises that indicate she'd like some attention. She's adorable. She's starting to laugh and coo, and she's getting ready to roll over. She's in the scooty stage; we can't leave her anywhere unbuckled or she scoots her way off or out.
Anders is going through a difficult phase right now. We think the terrible two's hit him late. He's been an angel ever since he turned two in January. Addie's birth didn't affect him at all. He loves her. It's been about the last month that he's started getting defiant and naughty. When we try to help him brush his teeth, he covers his mouth with his hands, clamps it shut, and then screams like he's being tortured. He has similar reactions when we try to wipe his dirty face or hands. As delightful as it is, we're hoping it stops soon.
Anders is sick today. He keeps saying his tummy hurts and he's filling a lot of diapers. Rather smelly ones. FUN! I just gave him some stickers, that seemed to perk him up a bit. Nils is really happy that I decided to write an entry. That's funny. I do keep a real journal. You know, the paper kind that you actually open with your hands and write in with a pen? The difference between this and that is I only write all my deep dark secrets in that one. I'm done now. Children call!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Go Katrina! You're a supermom and now you can add blogger to your resume. You rock my hizzle, Kaschizzle!