Monday, June 20, 2005

Oh the sickness

This last week was one of the worst in recent memory. Addie had a terrible ear infection, along with conjunctivitis in both eyes. I took her to the doctor 3 times last week. I think we've finally gotten it all cleared up. We're working on clearing up her thrush AGAIN. I've been giving her gentian violet aggressively, and it seems to be working. Her mouth is purple, and I've got purple spots all over my hands. It's messy, but it works. As my luck would have it, I contracted some kind of bacterial infection as well. How fun is that? I got an eye infection from Addie, and have been feeling awful in addition to that. I also went to the doctor and got a prescription, but have been feeling lousy anyway. My eye has been swollen half shut, I haven't been able to breathe through my nose or smell anything for a week now, my neck is stiff, head hurts, throat tickles. I think I'm just feeling picked on. Being sick is so much worse when you have little kids to take care of. They don't care that you feel like crap. As for good news, Addie found her toes this weekend and has been having lots of fun playing with her feet. It's so cute. I gave Anders his summer haircut on Friday. He was so shaggy. I made a giant calzone for dinner tonight, and we had to give half of it to our neighbors because we couldn't finish it all. I hope tomorrow I feel better. I'd like to get back to normal life. Good night.

No comments: