Friday, June 23, 2006

The Day My Tire Fell Off

One of my back tires has been low the last few days. I've been filling it up with air, and I thought I'd let Nils take care of getting it fixed since he's the man and everything. He's gone until Monday, but I didn't think the thing would actually FALL OFF. Yesterday I drove to Sandy, filled up the tire on the way back, and went to Target. On my way home from Target, I heard a really loud noise and thought, "Wow, whoever's making that noise is screwed". Then I saw smoke billowing around me, and I realized that I was the one making all the noise. Oh, this was all happening on the freeway, by the way. So I managed to make it to the University Parkway exit, pulled to the side, and watched as my tire rolled away. I didn't panic or freak out or anything, but I didn't really know what to do. I realize that we could have died, so I'm immensely grateful that nothing happened. Anyway, I called my mom to see if she could look up a number for me, and she was acting all freaked out like she didn't know what to do so that got me frustrated. Nils being gone, my tire falling off on the freeway, my mother acting incompetent; it was all too much for me at that moment, so I started bawling my head off. A man stopped to help me, and this is what he saw: A stupid girl talking on her pink cell phone, crying, two kids in tow, no back right tire. Classy. He put the spare on, gave me lecture on tires, and that was that. Thank goodness this guy stopped. I hope he knew I was thankful.

I went to Big O this morning and got new tires, and they gave me a package deal for a trip to Disneyland. Nice.

No comments: