Thursday, June 15, 2006

Mysterious Future

So it's been quite a week. Nils was gone all of last week. He was home Saturday night and Sunday, but back to it all on Monday. He didn't see the kids at all on Monday, which I think is sad and must be weird for him. On Tuesday, I was having a bad day. The kids seemed to be on one, and I was getting frustrated and feeling quite overwhelmed. I called Nils bawling and he came home, even though he was on his way to his second job. Good husband. He came home and quit the job. We decided to be poor and happy instead of less poor and on the verge of insanity all the time. Got an e-mail from second job boss, saying he'd be willing to have Nils work a couple nights a week instead of every night AND Saturdays. That I think I can handle. 3 nights a week is like school. We've always done that, so I think I can handle it. We'll see what happens. Nils is supposed to be discussing his future with the superiors at job #1, and if the discussion goes well, he might not need a second job at all. That would be super swell.

I went to Lagoon yesterday with the kids, my brother & family, and my mom. It was pretty fun. Going with the kids made it all about them, so I spent most of the time on the kiddie rides. I did manage to sneak in a few good ones. I got stung by a bee in the process. I was getting off the Wild Mouse, and felt a stinging on my leg. I lifted up my pant leg to see what it was, and a bee flew out. I felt so violated. I've never been stung by anything. I had a life goal of never getting stung, and this sneaky little piece of crap bee ruined it for me. Anders did really well on the rides. I thought he might freak out a little, but once he got going he had a blast. He and I rode on the skyride, and he wanted to ride on the ferris wheel. I hate that ferris wheel, so I told him when he gets a little older, he can ride it with Dad. It was a fun day for him, so I'm glad we went. Addie ate licorice all day, and thought it was funny to run away from me. Yes, that's hilarious at an amusement park. I couldn't believe that they were conscious the whole ride home. We left the park at 8:30, and when we got home at almost 10, they were still awake. WHAT?

No comments: