Monday, June 19, 2006

Good News, Bad News

I'll start with the bad news. Nils has to go on another trip tomorrow. This one is particularly bad. He leaves tomorrow (Tuesday), and his flight gets back Sunday night at 11:00 pm. That's pretty much a whole week, and I'm a little bitter about it. It's his third trip in a month. This time he's going to Louisville for a woodturning convention. He found out about this one on Friday. Another guy was supposed to go, but his wife is having premature labor. Geez, nice excuse. Just kidding. He'll probably get a few extra vacation days out of it, so I guess it's fine. So that's the bad news. The good news is that Nils got a raise. Being the beast wife I am, I made him ask for a significant raise about a month ago. He talked to his superiors a couple of times, and they seemed to drag their feet forever about it. So Friday when they broke the news to him that he had to go on another trip, they softened the blow with the news of a raise. This will help us a lot. We're not rich by any means, but now we can afford to live, and we might even be able to save a little. What a novel concept! Nils is still going to work his second job a few nights a week so we can save money for a trip to Disneyland in November. My whole family is going to attempt to caravan to Disneyland before the holidays. I smell a Griswald Family Vacation in the making! Nils and I haven't had a real trip/vacation in a long time, so I'm looking forward to it.

Other exciting news: I have patellar tendonitis. I don't even know what that means, but it hurts and I'm annoyed. The dr. said I need physical therapy. I think I need mental therapy as well.

No comments: