Sunday, February 11, 2007

Done Deal

This last Wednesday we became home owners yet again. After much last minute stress and a few thousand dollars in unexpected closing costs, we have ourselves a house. We went there yesterday to get some official cabinet measurements, so it's all starting to roll along. I keep imagining how wonderful it will be to have my own house again. I'm very thankful that my mom is willing to let us stay here in the meantime. Having said that, I'll be glad to have dirty dishes in the sink and not worry about it bugging her.

We met a few of the neighbors yesterday. They were all very nice, and happy about someone moving into the house. Apparently it's been empty since August. They said there are almost 300 kids in the Primary. Anders is going to have a complete meltdown. There are 40 Sunbeams! Anyhoo, we're both feeling very ready to move on. I think living with my mom for the last couple of months has been good as far as transition. We were really sad to move from Springville, but now we're ready for whatever comes next. (I must admit to still being in mourning over good old Camelot, though.)

We'll document our progress as we work on the house, so you'll all be seeing plenty of pictures in the near future.

-Katrina

ps- I used to assume that everyone could tell the difference between when Nils writes or I write- but since Holly thought maybe Nils told Courtney to "work it, baby" concerning the workout video (it was me, by the way) I thought I should decipher between he and I. Just for reputation's sake. :-)

2 comments:

courtneyb said...

I thought holly's comment was hillarious and deep down inside I was hopeing it was Nils! with a big fat just kidding. congrats on the new pad, excited to see the progress

Holly said...

i really knew it was you katrina...i just love that when you guys post comments it says "nils and/or katrina". plus i know that if my husband was to make a comment to one of my friends like that, or any woman actually, he would get a big fat sleep on the couch. for a week. :)