Friday, February 02, 2007

The Mundane

I have nothing exciting to write about, but Nils has taken over the last few entries. I figured I better get my two cents in before he takes over completely. Tee-hee!

So we're starting to get some estimates on how much it will cost to remodel our wee house. Holy poop. I think in almost any other circumstance, $20,000 would seem like a whole lot of money. We see it slipping through our fingers very quickly with all of our little projects. Here's what we want to do: New kitchen cabinets, counters, sink, laminate flooring in said kitchen, new carpet throughout house, new doorknobs and light fixtures. Then with all of the time and money we have left over, we'll get around to finishing the basement. Good grief.

We've had a sick household this week. My mom teaches kindergarten and first grade reading, so she's always a disease carrier. I got a nasty cold, Anders got pinkeye in both eyes, and my mom has had some mystery illness and has been home all week from work. Let's talk about pinkeye for a moment, shall we? What an itchy, goopey mess it is! It spreads like a muthah! I had to pin poor Anders down, manually open his eyes, and drop medicine in them. Talk about hysterical mayhem. Granted, Anders tends to overreact, but seriously...does anyone like having a foreign object forced into their eyes? Be gone forever, pinkeye!

In good news, I've been feeling the baby move a lot lately, and Nils has even felt her a few times. Yesterday I saw her shift from one side of the belly to the other. It's so weird to think that she's just a few inches long but can kick and stretch and roll around; it makes all the puking seem insignificant. Of course I can say that now that I'm feeling better! I have to admit, even the third time around, I'm quite enchanted by it. Talk to me in three months, and I'm sure I'll take it all back. :-) We are still at a loss for names. I'm waiting for a name to appear to me in a vision or dream, because I just have no idea what to name this kid.

Boring blog entry: Done.

2 comments:

Gingerlylizzy said...

Katrina! I didn't know you had one of these??? Now I am going to have to do some serious reading!

Gingerlylizzy said...

oh and one more thing - CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW NUT!!!