Monday, February 26, 2007

Story Time

Instead of reading a story at bedtime, Nils decided to tell his own version of The Three Little Pigs. How could I resist this picture?

Update (for Courtney, mostly): Our house consumes our thoughts, words, actions, money and lives. They know us by name at Home Depot. So here's where we are on it: The kitchen floor and landing have been completed. The carpet is being installed as I type this. Tomorrow we pick up the cabinets, and Nils and his brother will install them. Saturday-ish, our counter tops will be ready for pick up and installation. We've started replacing light fixtures and doorknobs. I, Katrina Rasmusson, installed two doorknobs (almost) single-handedly by myself last night. I can't say I enjoyed it, but there ya go. I'm not really good for much else at this point.
To do: Paint, finish doorknobs, hinges, lights, etc.

I suspect this is incredibly boring for everyone but us, but it's all we do these days. It's been pretty cool to tear everything apart and slowly see it come together the way we want it. Nils told me last night he's almost sad to see it end, because he enjoys the work so much. Two words: Basement, baby! That gives him joy.

2 comments:

courtneyb said...

actually, I find it quite exciting, I can't wait to see the finished product. I am envious of the basement. Hats off to Nils, and I'm sure it's not a shottie job. I'll stop by in about 16 months to check it out.
I love the picture of Addie. I love to read Monster At The End of THe Book to Abbey because she gets scared to turn the pages and tucks her head into my shoulder. I just pictured Addie doing those sort of things.

Holly said...

I am so impressed with all that you guys are doing! I have always wanted to fix up a house. Well either fix one up ourselves or buy a really nice brand new one. If Nils is bored and finished with your house, he can come on over here. My parent's place is a fixer-upper, and we have lots of projects to do over here.