Sunday, February 04, 2007

Waterproof Flash Drive

A year or go or so, I bought a Sandisk Cruzer Mini 256 MB Jump Drive/Flash Drive/Thumb Drive/USB Drive thingy. Why are there 76 names for them? Anyway, this week I accidentally left it in my pocket when I put my jeans in the dirty clothes hamper. The magical laundry elves came and did the laundry and then Katrina called me at work to tell me that the jump drive was probably ruined. I thought "Oh well, I can get a newer one that's eight times the size for the same $40 I paid for it originally." I got home and saw the jump drive that one of the laundry elves had left out for me. I plugged it in and- It was completely functional. In fact, I didn't even lose a single file from the device. So next time you get your jump/flash/usb/thumb drive dirty, just throw it in your pocket and let the laundry elves put it through the wash. Actually, wouldn't recommend that but I'm pretty impressed with my little jump drive.

PS- I know that Katrina is the head laundry elf but I'm just so amazed at how every time I'm running out of underwear my drawer is magically re-stocked. She's got to have magical creatures helping her out.

-Nils

1 comment:

courtneyb said...

wow!! fancy new page, very very impressed.