Monday, June 18, 2007

Aani Eve

As you know, we're heading to the hospital tomorrow morning to have us a baby. I'm pretty excited. I can't wait to meet this new little member of our family. We should be going in between 8 and 10 AM and we'll see how long it takes. Katrina only asks that I bring my bubble game for her to play (my PDA has a bubble breaker game and she believes the PDA was only meant to be used for that game).
In case you haven't heard, the baby's name will be Aani Sophia Rasmusson. Pronounced Ah-nee. It's African, like me. I wonder if she'll be black, like the rest of my biological family. Darn recessive whiteboy genes.
Yesterday I wanted to take a Dad's day drive with my boy and shoot some photos. We headed toward Kenecott Copper Mine but they charge $5 to enter so we found a park area nearby and drove until it started getting late. We stopped for some pictures a few times but they didn't come out as good as I had hoped. I did manage to get some great photos of Anders, though. He took more photos than I did. If anybody has a cheap digital camera they don't want just let us know. We're trying to find one for Anders.
I should probably try to sleep. I'm just very excited for tomorrow. Aani on June 19th. On a side note, Katrina and I are both excited in a most pathetic way to have a day or two "off". This isn't exactly a pleasure cruise but we both really need a break from the day to day. Even if it does involve giving birth, wiping up meconium and failed attempts to sleep at night. I'll be sure to post pics of our new daughter as soon as I can. Rock on.

5 comments:

courtneyb said...

yeah! yeah! yeah! i'm also so excited for you guys! Nils, your a good dad. Thanks for the pronunciation (sp?) cause every time you talk about the name, I have no clue how to say it.
I need your new address, a gift may be in the mail soon.
I LOVE THE BUBBLE GAME! what's your top score?

Lindsey said...

Good luck you guys! We'll be thinking about you. 3 kids. Wow. Wonder if we'll ever get there.

Melinda B. said...

Hurray for baby Aani! I can't wait to meet her! Good luck!
...when I look up Aani on the web, it comes up Aani, a variation of Ha'ani meaning Day, It's Hindi, Chamora to be exact. It also comes up as Muslim for Poetess.

Anonymous said...

Nizzle... its a good thing we both from Africa, because I can't wait to have one more black person in Utah. Including Aani, the total black population will rise in Utah to... 3.
Michael

Anonymous said...

Oops... fogot to say, Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Michael