Saturday, June 30, 2007

Jelly Belly


Ahhh, the postpartum bod. It's a lovely thing. I tried to flex my once rock hard abs (insert hysterical laughter here), but all that's there is mush. Really, it's an abyss. It's amazing. Remember how my nose was swollen? It's lost weight, but I think it got stretched out. It doesn't feel as taut as it did before. Perhaps it's my imagination, but I swear I have a flabby nose now. She's worth it though, little Aani. They all are.
Things are going pretty well, but Anders is suffering because we don't go anywhere during the day. He begs to go to the gym. Unfortunately we have a few more weeks before that can happen. The kids love Aani. Anders mauls her constantly. He says he loves her about 45,000 times a day. I think Addie's even taken a liking to her. She asks to hold her, and she rubs her head. She also tries to shove the bottle into poor Aani's mouth, in a loving, forceful way. Aani is a sweet baby. She loves to be snuggled and talked to. We're still amazed that she's so healthy and robust. She eats so well and breathes so well. It's really just a miracle.

1 comment:

courtneyb said...

oh, I love the siblings reaction to new little cherubs!! I think it should be a requirement for children to have to pay for the mother's plastic surgery after what we endure ;)