Friday, June 08, 2007

We got Nils a Pool...And I'm Still Pregnant

Alright, we got the pool for the kids, but I sure was laughing once Nils got in it. He and Anders had a grand old time. Addie was not interested in getting her hula skirt wet, so she observed from the sidelines. Oh, how I laughed (not at him, with him) at my brave husband. He originally told me he had to approve any pictures posted to the blog, but just now said he doesn't care. Excellent.


In other incredibly exciting news, I'm still pregnant. Today was my original due date, so I gotta say- I'm a little bitter. I'm 38 weeks now, so anytime the wee one wants to emerge, I welcome her! My Hallmark doctor is in Mexico (the nerve) until next week, so I'm sort of hoping she doesn't come until he's back. On the other hand, I am feeling unbelievably crappy and am totally ready to have this baby.

I apologize for the following picture. I just wanted to portray what I've become. My nose is swollen like I drink too much beer. It's all red too, which adds nicely to the alcoholic effect. In the last week I've gained 4 pounds. Nice. This picture was taken before the weight was gained, so you can imagine how hot I am at the moment. And the pants? They are the only pants, maternity pants included, that are comfortable right now. I've been feeling the need to shed something, so last night I got my hair chopped off. It's very, very short. Not flattering with my swollen face, but whatever. It was therapeutic. I've decided that if Monday comes and goes and I'm still in this state, I'm drinking castor oil.

7 comments:

courtneyb said...

I'm so glad you both allowed those photos! I have no pride with my picture posting because it makes it so much more funny! love the drunk nose. Your already due? wow this pregnancy went by so fast! (don't you love those comments) seems like just yesterday I was harrasing you to do a triathalon. any name updates?

Lindsey said...

Remember Castor Oil brought Brynley to this earth 2 weeks early. I can tell you how to do it w/o it making you sick. Oh wait, never mind. I learned how from your sister in law so you can just go straight to the source. I can't even see your haircut good in that picture. You need to post a bigger one.

Teresa said...

Katrina I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!! If the castor oil works LET ME KNOW I am ALL over it! I actually going to go looking for some "bringing baby now" methods on the internet...I'll let you know if any of em work!:O) By the way, I was just looking at my face and thinking MY NOSE IS HUGE! So, I feel for you!

Melinda B. said...

your tummy actually doesn't look that big. not that it makes you feel any better. you still have time to think of a different name you know.....(that's a joke, please read it in the voice of your doctor)

Anonymous said...

Dude, I love those pictures. And castor oil is disgusting. I tried it with Ellie, I believe, and washed it down with yogurt or orange juice or something and it was still gross. And it didn't work. I think your body has to be ready to a point for anything like that to work. Here's to hoping yours is!
My doctor stripped my membranes with all three of my kids. Didn't work either. But it puts my sister into labor within hours. Good luck!

courtneyb said...

try having sex, they say that induces labor. of course if Nils isn't too busy ;)

Katrina said...

We don't do that sort of thing, unless it's to procreate. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You may be surprised at how many people have told me that in the past few days. Between the belly and the hemorrhoids, I'm finding it hard to be in the mood....Sorry, too much info.