Sunday, June 17, 2007

It Wasn't Pee!!!

Yesterday morning I was sure my water broke. I won't get into details, but there was a sizable dribble. I generally have control of my bladder, so I was fairly certain that I hadn't just peed my pants. I called my mom and we arranged to have her meet us and take the kids while Nils and I went to the hospital to know for sure. I was having teeny-tiny contractions, but I was still quite confident that it was my water. No. However, in my defense, it wasn't pee! Seriously, who does this happen to? Apparently cells can collect and the baby can move and they burst. And then, you go to the hospital for the second useless time and they send you home. No morphine this time, either. Just start the pitocin drip, people.

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

OH MY GOSH! How frustrating! I'm so sorry you have to be pregnant for so long! I've never been pregnant for more than 38 weeks either. It must be aweful to be pushing 40!

Teresa said...

Hey, at least you have SOMETHING going on! :c) Baby wasn't moving very much today so I called my Dr. and he said to watch her for 2 hrs and then go to the hospital if I didn't feel her 10 times....well, she was fine after I started drinking Sprite. So much for hoping that I might have some excuse to be induced!

Gingerlylizzy said...

I was a week overdue and had a baby that was 9'11" so sorry Katrina, it is only FAIR! LOL

courtneyb said...

i peed my bed and drove to the hospital thinking it was my water, it was embaressing

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I remember with our first one, I thought my water...oh wait a minute, I'm a dude. Nevermind.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I had that same thing happen...very wet pants...went to the doctor...my water hadn't broken...I was embarrassed (although why?!). And, I am positive I didn't pee my pants!

Anyway, we wish you much luck with the induction and a very happy 3rd child!

Lindsey said...

So, what time tomorrow? Good luck!