Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Best 252 Million Moments of Our Lives

Today is our 8th Anniversary (just over 252 million seconds) so I thought I'd pay tribute to the woman that brings out the best in me and makes everything worth it. We've been together for a little over 11 years now and it just keeps getting better. So here's to Katrina.

Sorry for the amount of photos but I thought they were kind of fun.

Back in 1997, I met this incredible girl, Katrina.

I was a punk kid but somehow managed to rope her in.

We had some good times together. You know, going to Institute dances,

And even a Renaissance Fair, where Katrina won me lots of prizes.

Fortunately, we both knew that I had better serve a mission. So off to Brazil I went (where we baptized a photographer).

When I returned, things picked right back up where they left off and we were engaged.

And married in the Salt Lake Temple.

We loved the married life

And even did a bit of traveling.

After a few years we were ready to start a family (Anders in the oven here).

And somehow, after three kids, she just keeps getting hotter.

So here's to you, Katrina. I sure do love ya, bud. (sorry - inside joke)
Your eternally pale and scrawny homeboy,
Nizzle.

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats, and happy anniversary. HOPe it's everything you ever hoped for :) Fun to see all the pics. If I had a scanner Katrina boy could I take people on a trip down memory lane. I mean I've known you since before your hair was curly!

*Jane Lee* said...

That is the sweetest tribute to a wife I have ever seen. You guys are so cute!

jamiea said...

AWWWWW so sweet. And you're right "Nizzle," you did get a hottie!

Lindsey said...

Aw, cute tribute! Happy anniversary! Love you guys! Love the last pic! You look so great in it! And i have the same shoes you're wearing. :-)

Teresa said...

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, it was GREAT! Happy anniversary!

Jess said...

8 Great...So sweet! Can't wait to hear what Katrina has to say! Happy Anni!!

Becky said...

Cute tribute Nils!!! Congrats you guys!

courtneyb said...

how come I haven't seen you wear those white overalls?
happy anniversary!

Brownie Bites said...

I'm so glad I know you both. Congratulations. Happy anniversary!

Katrina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Doulabug said...

How nice to get to know both of you a little better! You sound like a VERY fun couple!

Katrina, FYI - our man Neil Diamond will be on American Idol next week!

Doulabug said...

So glad you like the photo each day blog! It's lots of fun. You just have to take your camera EVERYWHERE.

Holly said...

awwww...

you guys always manage to make us laugh, even at your expense. which is the best kind.

also, was that your engagement photo? a little suggestive if you ask me.

happy anniversary you two!

Nils said...

Holly- Somehow we didn't notice anything suggestive about it at the time but now looking back... hmmm. Now I understand why 84 of our 87 wedding gifts were lingerie.

Katrina said...

For everyone's information, that was NOT the picture that was sent out with our announcement. We were really just innocent back then. Now that we have friends that have corrupted us, Holly, we see what you mean.

Holly said...

i don't know what you are talking about. we are "all-stars."

The Cheshire Five!! said...

isn't married life great! you guys are way too fun! i loved all the pics! we just celebrated 11 yrs in may!! yeah for eternal companions, it just gets better and better! congrats and here's to you guys! Kens