Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Book Review

Does anyone know anything about this book? I saw it on Oprah when she announced it as her book club pick. I've read- or started reading- a few of her recommendations, and they've all been explicit in one way or another. I am very interested in reading this one, but I don't want to buy it if I can't finish it due to my guilt complex. So, if you've read the book, or know where I can get a review by someone who feels guilty for reading trashy novels, let me know. Thanks!

5 comments:

*Jane Lee* said...

My friend Jamie read it and this was her review from GoodReads:

"I would give the first half of the book 5 stars, and last half 3 stars. It is so beautifully written, but the ending confused me. If anyone has read this book and can give me some insight into the ending please feel free."
Katrina, you need to join GoodReads. It's an awesome website where you can see what your friends are reading or what they have read and what they think about the books. It's pretty cool. Go here: http://www.goodreads.com. Set up a little profile and then search for your friends - or we'll come find you. Either way works. :)

courtneyb said...

does your library have it? then your not wasting money.

Jamie said...

I jumped on my library website the minute Oprah made the announcement for this book to reserve it and alas - I am number 160 in line. So maybe YOU can give ME a book review since I won't be reading it for a while :)

Teresa said...

I tagged you back! See my blog for details.

Doulabug said...

Well, I got it from the library and couldn't past the first few pages. Maybe it was the mood I was in. It sounded really good so I wanted to like it! But no go.