Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Healthy=Good

I'm returning from my 5-day journey to sinus infection/bronchitis hell. It's good to be back! I'd like to give credit where credit is due: this lovely little bottle filled with gigantic pills of Augmentin has brought me back from the dead. I took the second dose last night, and about 4 hours later I started feeling human again. God bless whoever invented this drug.
Here's where I've been since Thursday. See my indent?
Here's one of the trashy books I've read. Actually, it's not trashy, it's just stupid. Shackles of Honor? Seriously? It is good for something, though. If you need a book that makes you want to make out with your husband, read this one. After I took my medicine and one of my nostrils cleared up, me and Nils totally made out.
I got a call yesterday morning from a great friend who told me she was bringing dinner. She didn't ask me, she told me. Thank goodness, too. It would have been another DiGiorno night. She made the best chicken noodle soup and these awesome cinnamon rolls.
Nils made these cookies. He stayed home yesterday so he could be the mom. He truly was. He fed the children, cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed, changed diapers, folded laundry, drove the carpool to school and baked cookies. What a man! NOW do you understand why we totally made out?
I don't want to be a whine-o, so bear with me while I make a point. I was really sick- too sick to take care of my kids, and that is a terrible predicament. I'm so thankful for health! I'm so glad that I have a healthy body that allows me to do all I need and want to do. That's what I've gained from this miserable experience, and I'm glad for it. I also learned that I'm really unattractive after laying in bed for five days. Sorry, no pictures of that.

8 comments:

Misty Anderson said...

That is one of the funniest blogs I have ever read! you are hilarious! Glad you are feeling better and good for Nils for gettin some lovin!

Anonymous said...

Katrina was totally faking it.

Kari said...

i'm so glad you are feeling better!! you totally crack me up!! :)

Melinda B. said...

I hope you showered before you made out.

Teresa said...

I wanted to see pictures of you guys making out....Yeah to good health!

Doulabug said...

Oh I am SO glad you are not dead! Watch out for .....babies......

mooresclan said...

Man, I clean up throw up for three weeks and Don didn't fold one ounce of laundry. He didn't make cookies. He also didn't help get the kids ready for school. But I guess that is why we didn't make out.

Holly said...

you should have just put on your Optimus Prime mask on to take the picture of your five days in bed. you know, your blog is for posterity.

also, i was speed reading (i guess. i didn't know i was capable of that) and read that you didn't want to be a "whin-o bear." after i backed up and realized my mistake, i chortled.

so glad you are feeling better. because i better not catch your cold tomorrow lady.