Saturday, October 11, 2008

Woe, Woe is Me

I went running Wednesday night, feeling fine. When I got home my throat hurt, but I chalked it up to the chilly air. Thursday I woke up feeling like p-o-o. I am currently going on my third consecutive day in bed. Waa.

I went to the doctor yesterday, secretly hoping for some magic pills to cure me. I got no such thing! I have to feel like p-o-o for at least 3 more days before being considered for antibiotics. I get that whole antibiotics are over-prescribed deal, but what if I die before then? That'll show 'em.

In addition to my entire head being filled with concentrated slime, a sore throat and constant throbbing everywhere above the shoulders, I spent a good long time praying to the porcelain god last night. Apparently Mr. Stomach decided to join in the fun.

Nils came home way early yesterday so I could sleep, and he's taken charge since then. Bless him.

3 comments:

Misty Anderson said...

ugh yuck! I am so sorry. It is so hard to be a mom, wife and sick at the same time. Try some Thera flu. For some reason that stuff works wonders on me. I am talking stronger than nyquil! good luck hope you get over it soon!

Doulabug said...

OH NO! Please don't die. I'm sorry you have such yucky things going on in your body. Can you maybe revel in the attention??! That's always comforting!

Emmy Bludorn said...

Oh you poor thing.