Monday, January 12, 2009

Addie's 4th!


Addie turned 4 years old today! We're so thankful for this little girl. Addie epitomizes childhood and has a wonderful imagination. I love watching her enjoy life and embrace it- like when she runs around outside and flaps her arms like she's a butterfly. So far, she's the easy going one and she's like a breath of fresh air. She's happy for others when they have something exciting happen or they get a cool new toy. She takes it as it comes most of the time and has a cheerful attitude about it.

When she turned 18 months old, she went from a sweet little baby into a...not...so sweet little baby. She'd hit me, kick me, throw things at me, and scream at me pretty much all day. We endured that memorable time and had faith that our sweet girl would come back to us, and she did. Most of the time she's a delight and we certainly appreciate it. The only time she defects is when she has to clean something up- then she crumples into a heap on the floor and acts like she's crippled. Her most famous line is, "It makes me tired."

Addie was born a month early and had a hard time for a few months. She had to fight at the beginning and can still be stubborn and feisty when she needs to be, but it doesn't last long. We love our Addie and can't believe what a big girl she's become.

4 comments:

Holly said...

the "it's tired" excuse drives me crazy! inez's preschool teacher told me today that she didn't want to practice writing because her fingers are tired.

happy birthday to the cute little furrow browed addie! maybe one day she'll smile at me.

Doulabug said...

Wow. Great picture and beautiful tribute to your daughter. I'm glad her head isn't cut off like the mannequin!

Heidi said...

I can't believe she's four! She is turning into such a little girly-girl. :) Tell her that Aunt Heidi loves her and says Happy Birthday!

Wow, the time goes by fast.

Melinda B. said...

Happy Birthday Addie!
I don't even think she was walking when I met her. I can't believe it.

My kids pull the tired thing too.
Then I tell them they are too tired for dessert and they perk right up.