Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hooray for Contract Work!

I haven't been getting much sleep these days because I've been blessed with lots of contract work building websites. Tonight I'll finish up my fourth site in the last month. I'm lucky enough to have a great full time job but as the kids get older and the bills get higher, there never seems to be enough money to take care of all of the things that pop up in life. That's where all of the side jobs come to the rescue. Building web sites is a lot of fun for me and I can usually charge less than the next guy by working quickly to finish a site up in a hurry, hence the lack of sleep. Speaking of which, I haven't slept in 39 hours now so I'm excited to finish up tonight.

I was chatting with one of our product managers at work about web design and he said he wished he could do something on the side too. Product management isn't exactly marketable for contract work so it made me realize how blessed we are to be able to get side work to help us out.

In the last few years I've been able to work with clients to produce websites, SEO packages, brochures, business cards, product catalogs, flyers, magazine advertisements, tradeshow booths, banner ads, E-Commerce stores and much more. You can see some of my work on my wee portfolio site here. If you know someone that has a need for any of these services, please let me know and I'll gladly take a look. Sorry for the shameless self promotion but every job helps. Thanks to Melinda and Jeremie for trying to get me some work this week. I hope it works out.

I heart Photoshop & Al Gore's Internet.
Rock On,
Nils

5 comments:

Ashli said...

As Rand's side business is slow but going I will for sure let him know of your various skilz when the need arises.

Holly said...

Nils, Dave thinks your constant praise of Al Gore for the internet is hilarious. He's an even bigger fan because of it. Well done.

Now that I'm feeling rather creepy from that comment about my husband, when do you guys want to come over for dinner?

mooresclan said...

I keep telling my brother Dan that he needs to talk to you about his website. He wants to change it up and is willing to spend money. If you want to contact him, his website is coolestdates.com

Heidi said...

Fantabulous!! It makes me sick how talented you are. :) Your work is absolutely beautiful!

Melinda B. said...

Thanks for the shout out. We've been doing the prelims with my uncle. Things are in the works.