Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy Eenendertig, Katrina!


Today is Katrina's birthday so I thought I'd share a bit about her with all y'all. Here are a few fun facts that you may or may not know about the girl I love.
  • Katrina can lick her nose.
  • Katrina doesn't like cheesecake.
  • Though she may deny it, Katrina has a crush on: Harry Connick Jr., Optimus Prime, LL Cool J, Cary Grant, President Uchtdorf and Clark Gable.
  • Katrina drinks water at dinner every night.
  • Katrina spends about seven hours at the gym every week and has for years.
  • Katrina is the youngest of six kids, with four older brothers and one older sister.
  • Katrina adores cake.
  • Katrina has always wanted to cut hair professionally.
  • Katrina is one of the best cooks I've ever known.
  • Katrina probably reads for about 8-12 hours each week.
  • Katrina votes as an independant.
  • Katrina bruises easier than a fallen apple.
I met with an old mission companion for lunch yesterday and we talked about our families and how lucky we feel to have married such incredible women. I have to say, Katrina is the kindest, most fun, most beautiful, wittiest, hardest working woman I've ever met. I saw a quote tonight that said "Whatever our souls are made of, yours and mine are made the same." And so it is with she and I. I honestly couldn't be happier. So props to you, my Katrina. Happy Birthday and may this be the rockinest year of your life. You certainly deserve it.

By the way I have included her age in the title. Good luck translating.

13 comments:

Doulabug said...

Aw... love is beautiful. God is so smart, isn't He?

Misty Anderson said...

Oh how sweet! Happy Birthday Katrina!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Katrina! Love the picture, the girl, the personality, the family, the life, the magic of love!

P.S. Give your nose a lick for me.

Debbie

Katrina said...

Nils, I'm over Harry Connick Jr. It's Hugh Jackman that I love.

And ladies, you can't deny that Pres. Uchtdorf is the handsomest of all the G.A.'s.

Unknown said...

Oh, by the way, Happy 31st Birthday Katrina! Pres. Uchdorf is handsome but much too old for me!

Debbie

Ashli said...

I hope you had a great day. HOw does nils know German?

courtneyb said...

Happy 31st. Thank you high school German, you did serve a purpose.
Let's get together soon and call it a birthday celebration!! You are an amazing woman, I agree with Nils.

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie said...

Aaaaaah your husband is such a sweetie! I hope you had a great birthday and licked off tons of chocolate cake from your nose. Haven't crushed on any Apostles lately, but I could never look at President Evans (from your stake) without thinking he looked exactly like Harrison Ford. Kinda hard to listen to the High Council speaker when all you can think of is leather hats and whips.

Lindsey said...

Aw cute post! Anders looks just like you did in that picture!

Heidi said...

What a cute post! Happy Birthday, sis!

I'm with you on Hugh Jackman and Pres. Uchdorf. I wonder if the pres. knows he has a female church fan club. He is my newest favorite GA speaker, for sure!

Holly said...

I totally agree with all the crushes except for LL Cool J (because he needs to keep that tongue in his dirty little mouth) and Optimus Prime (I much prefer Bumblebee).

Becky said...

I seem to remember an incriminating picture of you rendezvous-ing with Optimus Prime...dinner and dancing, I believe? Can you deny it? I'm glad you got your head on straight and stayed with Nils :) because he obviously can't get enough of you! Happy birthday!!