Monday, March 09, 2009

Weekend of Warmth

We spent the weekend in Logandale, Nevada, where Nils' parents live. It was warm and lovely, and I was fooled into thinking that spring had arrived over the face of the earth. Not so. We stopped in Cedar City on the way home and I stepped out of the van and into a snowbank. So sad. So, so, sad.

Here are some weekend hightlights:
  • We played the Wii. Should I be embarrassed that I've never played before now? If not, I'll tell you that I am embarrassed that I think I have tendonitis in my elbow from all those rigorous Wii bowling and tennis games. My elbow is killing me. Pa.the.tic.
  • We shopped in St. George and ate at In-N-Out. Nummy. After that, I started to feel my fat roll growing, so I declared that I would give up treats for a month. About 4 hours later I ate a brownie and some peanut M&M's. Today, I have rededicated myself to the cause. Nils is even doing it. We might be a grumpy pair for a few weeks.
  • There is nothing at Tai Pan Trading that I want. We went there on Saturday, and I decided to break up with TPT. I'm leaving it for Ikea. Harsh, I know.
  • Nils and his dad went on a little photo adventure in the Nevada desert and got lost. They left at 4 a.m. so they could be back by 9 a.m. By 11:30 we were all wondering if they were being eaten by vultures...they were in the middle of nowhere and had no cell service. They eventually made it back, and by golly I'm glad.
  • Nils single-handedly ruined a competitive game of PIP by hoarding dominoes and then messing up the ones that had already been played. Nils, Nils, Nils. He decided that since he wasn't winning, he was going to lose big. People were angry.
That's it. I would post pictures, but the sad fact is that I'm too lazy. I figure if I wait to blog until I feel like uploading pictures, I'll never blog. One day you might see some new pics of all our exciting exploits. You just might.

Good night to you, my blogger friends.

4 comments:

courtneyb said...

I played the Wii for the first time on New Years eve, we're so not with it! And I almost rolled my ankle playing tennis and I kept telling my kids to get out of my way.
The treats. Hard for the first few days. BUT, sugar free chocolate pudding helps me. If it doesn't have sugar, then it isn't a treat. right?

Teresa said...

We hadn't played Wii till Thanksgiving. I like to think I am better than needed to play such a trivial thing. It helps me feel better that we are so out of it all we have is a Game Cube. Huh, I know! Brian's parents came a few weekends ago and brought their Wii. Brian hurt his neck. I thought it was kind of funny. But I didn't tell him that.

Doulabug said...

How fun for you! Glad you had a good time. I have yet to play the Wii.

Heidi said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I love Wii bowling and golf--haven't played in awhile, though.

I'm glad Nils didn't get eaten by vultures.