Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cluck Cluck & Sickies

Big news! I roasted a whole chicken! While this may be standard procedure for most of you, I am sad to admit that I've been afraid of the whole chicken for... my whole life, perhaps? Basically it comes down to that "I don't want to recognize what I'm eating" thing. More than that, I've been disgusted by the thought of reaching into the bird cavity and taking out the giblets. I'm a big wuss.

Hi. They sell giblet-free chickens.

So while I was prepping the little thing, Anders was watching and had a really worried/scared look on his face. He asked what it was, I told him a chicken. He said it doesn't look like chicken. I proudly told him that's because it's a whole chicken.

Still looking worried and scared he said, "It kind of looks like it's alive." I laughed and laughed.


Then we ate that giblet-free chicken.


I refuse to believe that the chicken had to do anything with Anders and Addie both falling ill. Addie woke up barfing last night (fun!) and has been like this all day.
Anders was chipper as a...wait for it...CHICKEN! this morning, but fell ill at school. His teacher even called me to tell me to come get him, but I was vacuuming and didn't hear my phone. Poor guy had to wait it out. He walked in the door and went directly to his bed. So sad.

Then there's this one:just as perky as can be and terrorizing the rest.

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

i love your posts. they crack me up. i have a baby on my lap so i cant do capitals or punctuation that requires a shift key. i miss you.

Veena said...

A whole chicken?? That's brave! I mean it. I'm afraid of meat on the bone. Any meat, any bones.

Doulabug said...

The chicken looks delish, bones and all. The children? They look, well, ill. Poor babies.

Becky said...

I'm sure it wasn't your chicken. Blame it on the pizza from Chuck-E-Cheese. After all, it was nasty...

Unknown said...

What happened to your carbo load blog. It’s nowhere to be found. I wanted to read it to see what could make you mad!

Jess said...

What happened to the post about being so mad you could carb-load? It's on my link like that and I was excited to read it. Too bad about sick kids. I'm not sure I've ever cooked a whole chicken either, but I've cooked a turkey!!