Tuesday, March 06, 2007

PICTURES!

I've been waiting for Nils to post an update and pictures, but he's too busy. Every spare second he has is doing homework or working on this here house. So here's my abbreviated version:

This is where we are as of Saturday:


These are before pictures of the kitchen. Obviously Nils had taken most of it out, but you get the idea.

I'm painting the blue wall a light, muted yellow, which you can see part of in the top picture. I think when it's all done, everything will look really good together. The cabinets still need the crown and knobs put on, and the dishwasher and microwave (black in color) need to be installed.
The carpet was put in last week, and wow...what a difference. It's so nice. That was by far the biggest expense, but I'm so glad we did it. It changed the look of the whole house. Right now there's too much junk all over the carpet to post any pictures, but they will be forthcoming.

Nils keeps telling me that we're moving in on Saturday. He's quite insistent. I don't really see how that's going to happen, but I'll go along with it.

This last weekend some of Nils' family was here for a baby blessing, so they helped out on Saturday afternoon putting in the rest of the cabinets, the counter, sink and doorknobs. It was really nice to have some extra manpower!

More to come...

2 comments:

courtneyb said...

love it!! That looks very nice! I am excited to see it ALL! How nice to be finally living in a house! I'm excited for the next update.

Anonymous said...

It looks great. I like the yellow color. I'm impressed with all the work you're putting in.