Friday, March 16, 2007

And...we're here

Well, we did it. We moved on Saturday, and what an adventure it was. I tried to post earlier in the week, but it was so negative that I deleted it. I don't want any of that negative energy following me around, so I'll simply state the facts and leave emotion out of it.

Fact #1: 3 of my brothers showed up to help. One had a sprained ankle, and the other two got into a screaming match that almost ended in punches being thrown. This was all in front of our new neighbors, who ended up doing most of the work. Good times!

Fact #2: We have way too much stuff and nowhere to put it. Hence the thousands of full boxes that have no where to go.

Fact #3: We have too much garbage, and no handy dumpsters. The garbage man came yesterday, and I watched out the window as he looked at our can (filled about 4 feet above the rim), got out of his truck, and wrote a note that said, "Cut back, please". We really need a dumpster in which to put all the remains of our remodel.

Fact #4: Our master bathroom is the smallest bathroom ever conceived of. That's all I'm going to say because it makes me angry to talk about it.

NOW FOR THE POSITIVE SIDE OF LIFE:

#1: We have at least three really nice neighbors. They invited me to Enrichment on Tuesday, and about 13 people approached me and introduced themselves. Very cool.

#2: The American Fork Gold's Gym has a Cinema Cardio room. This is really one of the coolest things I've seen. It's basically a movie theater with cardio machines, and they play about 6 movies a week.

#3: The weather has been so gorgeous this week, and there are at least two parks very close by.

#4: It takes Nils 30 minutes to get to and from work instead of an hour now.

#5: The kids' rooms are much bigger than our previous home, so we can keep all the toys in them.

#6: We have the Disney Channel.

I know once all the dust has settled and we're living like normal people all will be well. And then I'll have a baby (who, by the way, still has no prospect of a name).

2 comments:

courtneyb said...

woohoo! finally an update, now for some pictures? glad things are going well, i noticed more positive than negative. would have loved to seen the screaming match! couldn't help but giggle at that picture in my head. so it official, no more camelott, sad for me.

Holly said...

way to make an entrance into the neighborhood! can't wait to see pictures of the new place!!