Wednesday, March 21, 2007

So You Wanted Pictures, Heh?

I've been waiting to post pictures of the remodeled kitchen until it was done and as of... about 20 minutes ago- It's Done! I finished the crown molding on the cabinets just now and it really finishes it off. There are technically still a few little things to take care of but it's pretty much complete now. So here's the before picture:
Wall: Ugly blue.
Cabinets: Cheap Oak.
Fridge: None.
Microwave: White.
Countertops: Boring beige.
Floor: Boring Linoleum.
Sink: 4" Deep and wobbly.
Light Fixture: Ugly white and brass fan.

And this is AFTER:
Wall: Light Yellow.
Cabinets: Knotty Alder.
Fridge: Big, Black, Maytag.
Microwave: Black.
Countertops: High Definition Laminate.
Floor: Brazilian Cherry Laminate.
Sink: Super Deep and Volcanic Black.
Light Fixture: Satin Nickel Niceness.

None of the pictures I just took came out great because the table is in the way now but you get the idea. It was a lot of work to redo this kitchen but I'm really happy with how it came out. It's been mostly done for a while but in the last few days we put on the cabinet hardware, cut some of the trim for the cabinets, installed baseboard and sub cabinet baseboard, caulked the countertops and put crown on the cabinets. Those things really finished it off nicely. We'll post more pics in the near future. We have some pictures to hang in the living room before taking pictures in there but all in all we're really happy with how everything turned out. Thanks to all my family members (Grove in particular) who pitched in and helped it all come together.

4 comments:

courtneyb said...

LOVE IT! very impressed. and good taste. I love black appliances. I will continue to be patient and wait for the rest of the photos.

Gingerlylizzy said...

Wow... that looks great. I am seriously coveting at the moment!

David Lesue said...

Good jorb guys. Everything looks great. I wish I had home-renovation skills like you, Nils.

Michael and Michelle said...

Hola guys! I just found your blog again, looks awesome and like you've been really busy! Congrats on baby #3! I guess we don't have your current email cause we sent something to you and it came back. So when you get a chance check out our blog! Michelle