Thursday, March 08, 2007

Oh Life.

I thought I'd check in briefly while I'm waiting for a file to transfer before work. As Katrina has mentioned I've been spending nearly all of my waking moments in one of four areas: work, school, kids and housework. We're in the final stretch (good thing, since we're supposed to move in two days) and our hinges arrived yesterday. We'll hang the doors and the house will be move-in-able. There are plenty of little things to finish up but they don't have to be done before we move. I just want to get over there and start our new chapter in life.
I'm really excited about how it's all turning out so far. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks I'll be able to post the whole process (with pictures, of course) from start to finish. That way, some folks can see what we've been up to but also, those wanting to do their own flooring or install countertops or cabinets can look at what some other Joe has done and say "I can do that!" I'll probably wait until it's all finished, though.
I should probably also take a second to thank my Katrina for all her help. She's the one who's had it rough throughout all this. She's nearing the third trimester now and of course, that's no fun. She's anxious about the whole moving step and of course that's no fun either. She's often taking care of the kids by herself for most of the day, when she's used to getting a bit of a break when dad comes home. And to top it all off, I had to do a photo shoot for a new product for work yesterday and I was gone from 6:30 AM until 8:30 PM and Katrina was very sweet about it. Of course, she was exhausted and done with the kids and none too excited about my work day, but she was kind to me, knowing that I had no control over how long I had to be gone. That's make all the difference in the world to me. I'd rather be at home with my family and she knows that- she knows I'm doing whatever I can to get home as soon as possible so she keeps that in mind when I walk through the door. Very cool.
Well, my transfer will be done in 20 seconds (accourding to my status bar) so I will, too. Until next time. -Nils

No comments: