Thursday, April 12, 2007

Easter et al

Now that it's Thursday, I thought I'd share an update about Easter and the week proceeding it.



The kids stood still for about one picture, then couldn't resist a rousing rendition of Ring Around the Roseys, and then they broke out into a jumping fest. They had a good Easter. We decided this is the year to actually implement the Easter Bunny into their lives. He didn't bring candy, because they got buckets full from 2 egg hunts, but they got some little presents. Anders is fascinated by the concept of the Easter Bunny. He wanted to see him so bad, but I kept telling him that no one sees the Easter Bunny because he's soooo sneaky. He's still trying to grasp the concept; yesterday he asked me if the Easter Bunny has a wife. He also asked me if Ronald McDonald has a wife, to which I had almost nothing to say. I generally try to think as little about Ronald McDonald as possible, the creepy red-haired clown. But I digress....

Here's a boring recap of our week:

*We're really looking forward to the end of the week. Nils has been up until at least 3 a.m. every night this week working on his senior project video, either at school or at home. The final presentation of it is tomorrow night, so it will finally be done forever. It's been an 8-month process and a huge pain in the arss (pardon my French).

*Addie is sick, and it's miserable for everyone. She's super whiney; I'm guessing because she's a girl. She won't just lie on the couch like Anders does when he's sick. She has to be held, but then she screams if I breathe wrong or adjust her when she's elbowing me in the bosoms (again, pardon my French).

*There's a stupid cat that lives across the street. We really think it's brain damaged; it comes into our house if the door is open even a sliver. When we try to scare it away, it just stands there and stares. If you pick it up and throw it, it just sits down where it lands; if you chase it, it goes in circles. If you hit it with a broom (hypothetically speaking, of course), it just lets you. But run away? No. Also, right outside our bedroom window is apparently a favorite spot of neighborhood cats to meet in the night and do their thing. It's seriously disgusting. The other night we woke to it, and Nils said, "Should I call the cops or something? It sounds like something violent is happening." We feel so dirty.

*And finally, for those of you losing sleep over my dental anxiety, here's a happy update: Turns out I didn't need a root canal at all. There was just an old filling in the tooth that had decayed or something, so the dentist took it out and refilled it. It was $150, and the whole office was very nice to me. They even gave me some complementary chap stick. My dental fears have been put to rest.

Congratulations if you've read all if this and still like me...it's just been one of those weeks.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

I am a firm believer that this is why women have blogs: so they can vent their frustrations to those that care to hear!

courtneyb said...

i am laughing out loud!! you crack me up!

Holly said...

oh katrina i read it all. and i guess i still like you, even though you listen to cats getting it on—you sicko.

i love addie's dress. i wanted to get that same one for the girls for easter, but gwen is too small for the smallest size. really cute, good designer, great price.

and can i just say that i really dislike ronald mcdonald? especially after seeing "super size me" a few years back. inez has gone to mcdonalds with friends, which is fine because it's so rare, but now she notices when we pass an "old mcdonald" as she calls it and she told me the other day that she liked him (pointing to ronald). i was a bit disturbed.

also, way to go on scoring a free chapstick from the dentist. that's really generous of them.