Friday, April 27, 2007

Funny, Funny

I can't help it...I think it's so funny! As a UVSC alum, I think it's hysterical that the rebellious BYU students held their alternative commencement at UVSC. Adding to that is the fact that Ralph Nader was one of their keynote speakers. I love Ralph, actually. And so does UVSC, so it's just super fitting. Another fun fact: Ralph Nader is from Nils' hometown of Winsted, Connecticut. Nils grew up cutting the Nader family's lawn. The whole situation gives me an abnormal amount of joy.

5 comments:

courtneyb said...

forgive me but I'm a little out of the loop. Did Dick head Chenney speak at BYU? Is that why they had a different ceremony? Who's teaching these children to stand up for their beliefs? Oh, the religious school they attend. Not a huge fan of BYU. But from the mouth of my husband "the girls are easy at BYU"

Katrina said...

Oh, Courtney...how I miss you! You've made my day. Yes, Brother Cheney spoke at BYU, and enough people (students and faculty) were against it that they held a different commencement. Did I mention it was at UVSC?

courtneyb said...

hahahahaha "brother Cheney". did his lesbian daughter attend as well, "sister cheney"?

Katrina said...

I think I'm going to hyperventilate! You're killing me!

courtneyb said...

I clicked on your conneticut link, is that really what it looks like? so cute! why are you living in utah?