Thursday, April 26, 2007

Summertime Here I Come!

It is finished. School officially ended yesterday so yet another semester is over. Only 2-9 left and them I'ma gonna gradimucate me. At my current pace, however, that will take a while. I'm so relieved to be done, though. I enjoy my classes generally but toward the end there, I just hated school in every way. Learning Schmurning. I just wanted to be done. I finished an 8 month video project that I wasn't the least bit interested in and I learned how to make PHP interact with a database. That's peanuts for programming types but for artsy types like me I can't seem to do it without a Urim and Thummim. Fortunately I have one. I'm shooting for a D- in that class. I'll be lucky to get it.
So tonight is my first free night. Halle-friggin'-lujah. This weekend I'm going to look into starting the basement but I may not make it that far since we have three completely broken sprinkler heads to take care of. I've never done much with sprinklers (remember I'm from the wet lands of New England where sprinklers don't exist) but I'm sure I can figure it out.
MY PLEDGE: I will now start posting some photos of our home, our renovations and our projects that are completed and to be completed. If nothing else, it'll make me worry less about Courtney sending Anthrax in the mail. Just kidding, Courtney. Kind of. Anyway, I like to document my projects and share my occasional insight so I'll do that in the next two weeks or so.
Lunch is over now so I'm gonna get back to work. Lots to do. I'm in the midst of designing a toy crane graphics package called Captain Claw. It's a tough life I lead. I just finished creating a Mexican Fiesta graphics package for a customer this morning. Lots of Burros, Sombreros and Tequila. Kind of like how I'm feeling right now. To top my happy life off, I ordered a new (used) Panasonic Camcorder from ebay this week and it should be home waiting for me when I get back today. Only $130 plus $16 for a two year warranty. Rockin' deal.
-Until next time.

1 comment:

courtneyb said...

I was actually coming to your blog to ask if Nils was alright. Hadn't heard from you in a while and if you do recieve a yellow envelope with an odd return address just go ahead and discard it. It's not our family christmas card. j/k but I actually still have your families christmas card here, should i still send it?
are you pretty stoked on your job? my uncle was looking for some programmers but his company is in Bountiful. You came to mind so I thought I would pass the word along