Friday, January 25, 2008

My Entertainment


Thanks to the writers strike I haven't watched TV in ages. I'm not that into American Gladiators (yet) or other reality TV right now. Also, once the kids are in bed at 8:00, I'm too tired to walk the 15 feet into the living room and turn the television on. So, I've been entertained lately by two things: books and "Heroes". Have any of you watched the series "Heroes"? Nils obtained the first season and what has been aired of the second season (archival backups, you see), so we've been watching it for the last few weeks on the laptop. It's awesomely addictive. I recommend it to anyone in need of entertainment.

Also, here are a couple of book recommendations in case you care:

I'm reading Eragon right now and really enjoying it. I've seen it in stores and had no interest, but Nils read it and loved it so I thought I'd give it a go. It's really good!

When I started reading I, Coriander I was hooked immediately. Addie was mesmerized by the cover and kept stealing it from my nightstand. It was lost for a couple of weeks and I was going crazy! I finally found it in her room inside a bag where she had stashed a whole bunch of treasures she had stolen from other people. My little klepto! Anyhoo, it's a great escape-from- reality book.By the way, I'm ready for Spring. I know that has nothing to do with anything, but I just thought I'd let you all know.

6 comments:

Holly said...

we love hereos.

i need spring.

Unknown said...

thanks for the book reccs, I've been cravin' a good read lately.

Farrah said...

We love Heroes too! I used to go to work each week and discuss it for the rest of the week. It's sad now that I don't have a group of friends to discuss it with. There are lots of interesting things on the Internet about it too, in case you're tired of reading! :)

Becky said...

We are addicted to Heroes. I can't wait until it comes back on!!

Lindsey said...

We love heroes too! For any of you that have watched Heroes and read Harry Potter... who do you think would win in a fight between Voldemort and Sylar? (I always ask people this question but they're either not seen heroes or never read harry potter...)

Emmy Bludorn said...

Come to Texas - we've had Spring all winter (minus the flowers).