Monday, February 25, 2008

3D Photos without the Nerdy Glasses

If you're not familiar with stereo photography, it's basically shooting two images (ideally at the exact same time) of the same subject approximately the same distance apart as your eyes, thus giving a right eye and left eye perspective, then using any number of methods to combine them and make them 3D. I came across a website that has software to mix the photos for you and it does a good job of it. The images I shot were less than exciting but the 3D effect is definitely there. Check it out here: Wiggled
Also, here's the site where you can learn more about it: http://wiggle.sourceforge.net/

6 comments:

courtneyb said...

seriously, could you have shot anything more uninteresting?

Katrina said...

yeah Nils, carpet and insulation?

Nils said...

Cut me some slack, it was like 11PM and I wanted to try it out. My options were limited. But, you're right.

Nils said...

OK,
Here's a slightly more interesting one to look at. I think the concept is pretty cool.

Holly said...

zso i read the comments before seeing the (exciting) carpet and insulation. that was funny.

Forrest O. said...

I'm glad you like my wiggle app. I think the insulation shot was pretty dramatic!