Saturday, February 09, 2008

The Death of Me

Ahh, 'tis the end of a long week. I'll sum it up in a few words: Sleeplessness, ear infections, throw up. With those lovely visuals now in place, allow me to summarize my coping methods: IKEA and Target. Ehh, I KNOW! We went to IKEA for nightstands. Those Swedes; do they know me or what? We left with oh-so-much more. The next day I went to Target for socks. What I didn't know was that I actually needed a new bedspread and shams. I didn't even remember to buy the socks.

But LOOK! Just look!

It all started with a nightstand or two.

The lamps? Why, IKEA of course!

Becky, these next two are for you. How could I resist the striped drawer? I COULDN'T!

In my silent debate about the bedding, it was the ties on the shams that won the argument.

After nearly 8 years of marriage, we have ourselves a dresser. We can't stop staring at it.
If anyone wants to have us over for dinner, we'd love to. We can't afford to eat for the next couple of weeks. Oh, and the kids are better now, so we won't infect anyone with anything but joy and happiness.

8 comments:

courtneyb said...

love the color of your room. Great finds! DOn't you love having your room as a little sanctuary.

Ryan keeps going back and forth about when we are going home between, march and april. But he finally decided on June. So I told him I'm going to Ikea!

Jess said...

I love ikea. I love target. Cute stuff!! Wishing my room looked that cute.

Jess said...

Oh, I forgot, your family is invited to dinner at our house and its 70 degrees today!!

Teresa said...

I miss IKEA. Your finds are so cute! I love the striped drawer! You are invited over to dinner any time you like!

Emmy Bludorn said...

We have the same dresser but in black. I told Matt after we got it that I finally realized what I had been missing in my life - the dresser. I felt like it completed me. We had never had one, either, but I only had to wait a little over 5 years of marriage to get ours. I still stare at mine - we got the little canvas drawer organizer things to go inside and I used to just open them just to look at the neatly put away clothes.
Unfortunately, I haven't decorated the rest of my room so I'm envious of that. Maybe when my husband actually has a job again.

Lindsey said...

I just bought the same bedding!! But I'm taking it back. We have a king bed so we would've needed three shams in the back. Which means we also would've needed another decorater pillow to cover and small pillows to cover the fact that there are three shams. All those pillows took the once amazing price of $35 for a bedspread to a little too high considering we don't really need a bedspread. But it looks great on your bed!

Teresa said...

Lindsey,
My Target was out of King and that is the size I need...can I buy it from you if you haven't taken it back yet??:c)

Holly said...

you could come to dinner here if you will cook. we'll put up the food (and fabulous company, of course) if you will do all the hard work. dishes included.