Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Sympathy Needed

Sorry everyone, it's another whine session. We're trapped in this house. Poor little Aani has a terrible cough, ear infection and snotty nose so we can't go to the gym. We got kicked out a couple weeks ago because Anders broke out the pinkeye while we were there. They sat him in a corner by himself. Quarantined. I don't think I should try to pull any funny business for awhile. Thus, here we sit.

Desperate, I put in a Denise Austin workout DVD yesterday. It was on sale at Wal-Mart while I was preggo with Addie. I'd never touched it until yesterday. If I hear "Your spine is your lifeline. Keep it healthy...keep it STRONG!" one more time, I'm gonna lose it. She's so gosh-darn perky it makes me want to barf. And I'm sorry, but the workouts she purports to be the best ever? There's no way she could have that bod doing those amateur workouts. I smell scandal. I wonder who her surgeon is.

Oh, and it's snowing. AGAIN. We're moving to Texas. Josh & Farrah, Emmy & Matt, I hope you have extra room. And lots of extra money to support us.

I gained 4 pounds from Halloween through my birthday, so I've been trying to lose it by not eating treats. I think it's making me extra bitter.

5 comments:

courtneyb said...

oh, don't even get me started on the weight I've gained since fall! The only cure for my hatred toward myself is dragging my but out of bed at 6:30 to go running in the dark scary park by my house. But I do feel better. Maybe you guys should go south for the weekend. St. george or something. Or just go to gold's in a different city.

Anonymous said...

I'll go get some sleeping bags. Just give a call before you come over. :)

Teresa said...

I got sick of hearing the same old perkiness when I work out, so I put the t.v. on mute and listen to my MP3 or radio. It makes it a lot easier to not want to smack someone as I am sweating...plus I get to bust a move to the music-raaaahhhhrrrr!

Emmy Bludorn said...

We've got a broken air mattress and two couches. Will that do?

I always turn on my picture in picture when I (used to...) do my workout videos. I would turn on the sound to whatever tv show I was watching and turn the sound off to the video and it worked out quite nicely. The video went by fast because I was absorbed in a tv show.

Becky said...

I HA-A-A-ATE Denise Austin. No one can possibly be that perky without some kind of mental illness. Stop watching her and you'll feel much better ;)