Friday, February 22, 2008

Uninterestingness

I have little or nothing of interest to say, but I feel the urge to post. I leave it to your discretion to continue reading or not.

I found out yesterday that kindergarten registration begins next Tuesday. Apparently there will be a line around the school of crazy parents who want to ensure their kid has the right time, track, teacher, etc. The neighborhood is all abuzz about it, like it's a life or death situation. I'm annoyed that I have to drag my poor little children to stand in a horrendously long line with other crazy parents and all of their poor little children. It sounds nightmarish. Can't we do this online? Isn't it 2008? And what happens if I don't go on Tuesday? Will my kid get the crappiest teacher, time and track, and will his life be ruined?

I cleaned out my pantry. Oh, 'tis a thing of beauty. The floor is visible. Things are in their proper place. Plastic spoons no longer fall from the top shelf and land on my head. After the task was complete, I kept going back to it, opening the door and staring in awe.

I've had a full-blown migraine for the last 3 days. I mention it not because it's noteworthy, but because when I have a migraine, I eat so much bad, bad food. I drink Coke, I eat biscuits, and it's almost as if I can't help myself. Full sugar, full caffeine; no Diet Coke allowed. Anders calls it my "medicine", but he knows what it really is, and he knows that Mommy is evil.

One of the women I visit teach happens to be a wonderful friend to me. I always feel bad when I visit her, because I feel like I'm the one who benefits. She always assures me that she loves it when I come over. We chatted last night for 2 hours. TWO! I love her. And I just have to ask this of everyone: Are the VT lessons lately super random, or is it just me? I know I'm a heathen, but I've had a hard time making heads or tails of the lessons this year. Please help.

I think that's all I have to say. I'm off to drink some of my medicine. Hoo-hee-ha-ha!

6 comments:

Holly said...

it's not just you. last year's lessons were so much better. i had the best time last month when the lesson talked about sisters who are not married because we teach a girl who is about 40 and not married. it was great. i think i stuck my foot in my mouth about 148 times. the church must be true if she doesn't ask for a new v.t.

Holly said...

also, we are watching Transformers right now. i couldn't help but think of you katrina!

courtneyb said...

my poor son will miss "the" registration for kindergarten and will be stuck with everyone's leftovers. I guess he won't be learning anything in kindergarten. Wanna join us?
I have found that I struggle with the lessons, besides the language barriers, sometimes it's just like "okay, um, temple marriage, um we're both married in the temple....and um"
but i've found that I still like going because sometimes it's my only break from the kids.

Emmy Bludorn said...

We have kindergarten registration coming up in another month or so; is it really all that crazy? I don't even know if we'll be living in the same district when September rolls around; is it even worth it?
Aah, visiting teaching. I'll blame me not being able to get into the spirit of the lessons by me always having to have my kids with me.

Jess said...

Thank goodness my companion and I swap teaching the lessons (I'm sure everyone else does too) I also like putting my foot in my mouth, on a regular basis. DARN...

Farrah said...

What IS up with the VT lessons??? "Why is the family central to Heavenly Father's plan???" Does it answer the question? No! We didn't like this month's lesson and I'm not seeing the connection. I'm all about themes.