Friday, May 18, 2007

Addie and Her Towel

A couple months ago Addie spilled water in her crib in the middle of the night. Since I'm a lazy mom, I grabbed the first towel out of the linen closet and covered up the wet spot to get her through until morning. It just happened to be the biggest beach towel ever made, and now she thinks it's her blankie. She must sleep with it, eat with it, be rocked with it...she's even abandoned her old blankie for it. This is serious. It's pretty ghetto- like we don't actually give our daughter a real blanket, so she has to develop an attachment to whatever she can. Poor Addie. She calls it her "Towel Blankie", or in Addie speak, "Wowel Ginkie".

4 comments:

Melinda B. said...

That is one of the cutest pictures I have ever seen in my life! I am shocked she gave up her blankies though. If this new relationship lasts maybe you can cut the towel in two so it's not so cumbersome. And then you have a spare.

Michael and Michelle said...

hey you guys! gracias for the prayers. i finally got to see the pics of your house, berry cute! can't wait to see it in person. you guys are working hard! i bet you are loving it- congrats! katrina when is your due date again? hope all is well with you guys. keep in touch!

courtneyb said...

at least it could be easy to replace if lost. possinbly you could find the same one at the store?
but honestly, that's weird, your kids strange!

Anonymous said...

At least it was just water she spilled and you covered it up. I think I take the cake for lazy mom - I've been known to cover up pee in the middle of the night and send the kids back to bed so I can get my much needed rest.