Tuesday, May 15, 2007

New Niece

Many of you know that Nils' youngest sister and I were expecting babies around the same time. Well, she had her baby yesterday- 6 weeks early! Her water broke on Sunday and she had the baby yesterday morning. She weighed 6 lbs. 9 oz.- 6 WEEKS EARLY! If she would have carried her full term, the kid would have been 12 pounds! The baby is in the NICU to help with her breathing, so hopefully she'll be able to start breathing on her own and eating so she can go home soon. Everyone is really glad she's as healthy as she is. Six weeks is pretty significant.

Yesterday I took the kids on a walk through the neighborhood. There's a path that cuts through the entire development. It's probably a mile long, so it's a good walk for a pregnant woman. I walked to the end of it, turned around, and realized I might not make it the mile back. My belly was aching, my back was aching, my pants were falling down and my shirt wouldn't stay down. Then Anders says, "Mommy, can you walk faster? These wheels are NOT moving very fast." I thought I might have to lay down on the sidewalk and have him go knock on a door to beg for a ride home. We made it home eventually, but I think from now on I'll stick to the gym where I won't get stranded on some pathway a mile from home.

3 comments:

courtneyb said...

oh the joys of the last couple months! thank you for reminding me that no, I don't want to get pregnant right now.

Melinda B. said...

Is it possible the due date was wrong? I can't believe that baby was that big so early! Do you have a name for your baby yet?

Lindsey said...

Melinda, haven't you heard? They're naming it Uniqua.