Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Captain Claw- My First Graphics Package

One of the gazillion things I do at work is to design graphics for the machines that we manufacture. I was recently asked to redesign a crane that we make (you know, the machines with the claw that you position over a toy in hopes of retrieving it). The previous version was pretty lame so anything I did would have been an improvement. So I came up with Captain Claw and took off with it. Thanks to my handy dandy Wacom Tablet (a must have for all Adobe addicts) I was able to draw this all out by hand. How cool is my job? I sit at work and draw pirates and then go home. OK, so it's not quite that simple but that is part of my job. I also get cursed by Bosnian refugees and I'm surrounded by people who ought to be subjects of fascinating yet tragic documentaries. But I like my job. Anyway, here it is. Captain Claw. If you ever see one of these at a store just let me know. I'd be so proud me wee little self. Eearrrgh, Matey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaarrrghh! That be the finest treasure chest in all the land. Not bad for a rum-drinkin' scallywag. Davy Jones himself would be proud. Aaaaaarrrrggggghhh! [hack] [cough] [deep breath] Aaaarrgghhh! [wheeze]

Lindsey said...

Katrina- Tag you're it! Check my blog for details!